SPACES FOR CHANGE | S4C conducted the maiden edition of the Compliance Clinic on Combating Anti-Money Laundering and Countering Financing of Terrorism Risks in Non-profit Organizations on Friday, March 20, 2020. 12 Finance Officers & Directors from 10 organizations in Lagos and Abuja were excited to embark on this COMPLIANCE journey. The participating organizations include:
Enough is Enough
See what the participants said after the training:
WHAT WERE THE THINGS YOU LIKED MOST ABOUT THE MEETING
- The relevance of the training and it was quite an interactive session. It was such an insightful training and they were time-conscious.
- I like the fact that I gained more insights about capacity building, staff handlings with adequate and compulsory documentation of the violations of ethical applications
- This training has been very educative and interactive.
- The training was interactive and the trainers ensured heavy words were broken down to full understanding of the trainees
- It was quite revealing and practical, the style of presentation was simple and engaging
- The training was actually very interactive and insightful into compliance process among nonprofit organization and their regulatory bodies
- I liked the fact that it was not just a one way thing, participants were able to contribute also by airing their views.
WHAT ASPECTS OF THE TRAINING COULD BE IMPROVED?
- More of activities should be included in the training that will get the participant more involved.
- Expanding to more organizations in the NGO Sphere
- I guess the publicity for the training was not really pushed, because for this sort of training considering how important this is, I expected a lot more participants.
HOW WILL THIS TRAINING INFLUENCE YOUR WORK PRACTICE?
- It will influence my work by also taking what I have learnt to other members of the organization. I will ensure that every policies is duly implemented and accountable for every work and project done
- I will recommend finance department of my organization participates in subsequent engagements
- I have learnt about risk management and other financial functions and laws prescribed to NPOs of which I will be using for my work to achieve the objectives of the organization.
- It will help me to influence the management of my organization by revamping the policies of practices that will reduce organizational risk and vulnerability.
- In my organization and practice, I will suggest a compliance officer, above the normal duties or responsibility of the officer, someone who makes sure that all the necessary obligations are adhered to.
- I will make sure I follow regulatory practices and comply accordingly. I have also learnt that some of the things over look cause big issues in the end.
- This has been very educative and timely
- Honored to have been part of the training